Welcome to the Seattle Streetcar website: your link to information about the modern streetcar systems in South Lake Union and First Hill and plans for future expansion.
Free-Ride Thursdays in May on First Hill Streetcar
Ride the First Hill Streetcar free to re-discover, celebrate and explore some of Seattle’s most vibrant urban neighborhoods. Join these neighborhoods in celebrating their streetcar stops Thursdays this May:
- Thursday, May 12th: Check out the Capitol Hill ArtWalk and celebrate the streetcar on Capitol Hill with interactive performances and visual art installations, 6-9pm - Broadway & Pike and Broadway & Denny streetcar stops
- Thursday, May 19th: Explore Chinatown-International District through its first Happy Hour Food Walk with $2, $4 or $6 bites at participating restaurants, 6-9pm - streetcar stops at Jackson St & 5th, 7th and 12th Avenues S
- Thursday, May 26th: Join Swedish Medical and Seattle University's plaza celebration of the streetcar with hotdogs, popsicles, live performances and more, 11:30am-1pm - Broadway & Marion streetcar stop
Environmental Assessment Released
The Seattle Center City Connector Environmental Assessment (EA) is available for public review and comment for a 30-day period, beginning May 9, 2016.
- You can read the EA and legal notices online at: Seattle Center City Connector Environmental Assessment.
- You can review a hard copy of the EA at these locations:
- City of Seattle Central Library
1000 Fourth Avenue, Seattle
- City of Seattle International District/Chinatown Branch Library
713 Eighth Avenue S, Seattle
- City of Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections, Public Resource Center
Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
- You can obtain a free CD, a hard copy (for a $25 printing fee) or alternate formats of the EA by contacting: email@example.com.
Written comments on the EA must be postmarked or emailed by 5:00pm, Wednesday, June 8, 2016.
Environmental Assessment Open Houses
SDOT will hold three public meetings to present findings of the EA:
Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 8am to 12pm
Seattle City Hall, Bertha Knight Landes Room
600 Fourth Avenue, Seattle
Thursday, May 26, 2016, 6pm to 9pm
Bush-Asia Center, Plaza Level, Suite P6
409 Maynard Avenue South, Seattle
Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 11am to 2pm
South Lake Union Discovery Center
101 Westlake Avenue N, Seattle
For more information about the EA, see the Center City Connector webpage or contact the Seattle Streetcar at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 615-1070.
Translated Environmental Assessment Notices
You can read this notice in the following languages:
Center City Connector Awarded $75M
The February announcement that President Obama's 2017 budget proposes a $75M FTA grant to fund the Center City Connector signaled a major funding milestone for this keystone line of Seattle's streetcar system. SDOT has identified new project team leadership to design and construct the project in close coordination with community stakeholders.